“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit…” Matthew 28:19
This was not just a suggestion. We also go because it is our joy to do so. We find great fulfillment in heeding His orders to “GO”. To spread His hope, His love, His life-transforming message is our privilege, honor, and delight. Although we do several large community outreach events each year the most effective outreach is the way our members reach out every day in the lives they live. Here are some very effective ways you can reach out to those around you and effectively touch lives for the Kingdom…
1. Be observant and aware of people around you, whether on your job or in your neighborhood. Take every opportunity to intercede/prayer for them.
2. Never take daily encounters with others for granted. Be mindful of those who serve you—bank tellers, grocery store clerks, fast food workers, etc. Always express your gratitude to them.
3. Leave a note of encouragement on a coworker’s desk or on the windshield of their car.
4. When you walk past a piece of trash on the ground, pick it up and throw it in a garbage can.
5. When someone says they’re having a bad day, stop and ask if you can pray for them right there.
6. While at the drive-thru, pay for the meal of the person behind you.
7. Stop and talk with a homeless person. Find out their story.
8. Before leaving a restaurant or hotel, write a thank-you note to your server and leave it on the table/dresser, or call the manager over and explain how much you enjoyed the service.
9. When you’re talking with someone, give them the gift of your full attention.
10. Be generous on every occasion…